Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Just Stand Up

So there I was: Sitting in my car, just thinking about my day, when the greatest song I've heard in awhile came on the radio. It's called "Just Stand Up" and it's by Miley Cyrus, Rhiana, Beyonce, Fergie, and a host of other pop stars. It was written for the fight against cancer, but the lyrics can really be applied to any struggle. And I found them very applicable to mine. Especially this:

If the mind keeps thinking you’ve had enough

But the heart keeps telling you don’t give up

Who are we to be

questioning, wondering what is what

Don’t give up

THROUGH IT ALL, JUST STAND UP!


It got me thinking. Who am I to be questioning what I'm going through? Who am I to question whether it's fair for my dad to be dying and for me to be bipolar? Why should I not just be strong, not give up, and stand up to it all. I can't change what is happening to me, but I can change how I am dealing with it (to a certain degree.) And so now I'm going to try to not give up; hard as that may be. I need to try harder. I need to be stronger. I need to stand on my own two feet and just deal. I know it's not going to be easy, I know I'll fail every now and again, but I need to snap out of this depression. I can't let this disorder control my life... my mind is still strong, and I am going to prove it to myself.



No comments: