So there I was: at the beginning of the end of my perfect life. I was days away from graduating early with honors, was knee deep in wedding plans, and was feeling more scared and alone that I ever have in my life. And that's when I started to lose myself. I graduating, I bought a house, and I was getting married. I had rocked the LSAT and could have gotten in to any law school I wanted; my teachers were begging me to consider grad school; and I was ready to throw it all away for the "next step" in life. For marriage.
I don't know what I was thinking, but it was clearly a mistake. That was the day I lost myself. One by one I watched the things that made me me fall away and be dulled out of my new "life" in "the real world." I watched silently as I became surrounded with people who didn't understand me, my motivation, my intelligence; my drive. Slowly, every little part of me was suppressed and erased. And now I want it back. But I feel like it's too late. I'm lost now. How do I find myself again?
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment